Monday 4 June 2012

NOT WRITING

It's a long time since I did any proper writing. I've been researching. Properly. Not merely dipping into the odd (odd) book, but devouring books, filling actual blank pages with miles of spider scrawl.

Recent reads include: Understanding Jewellery, A ton of Dickens, Ditto George Eliot, How Mind Works, The Stuff of Thought, The Language Instinct, The Industrial Revolution Explained, Victorian Engineering, Dickens' Victorian London, and some book by Gavin Weightman that I can't remember the name of. Very good though. I've been to the Science Museum and filled my camera's memory with video clips of engines moving, photographs of analytical engines, Bessemer converters, Stephenson's rocket, Newcomen engines and other items I'm embarrassed to know the name of.

And why? For the fifth novel in the series. Lunacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment